Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!




I signed up for trick-or-treat-ing visitors this year.
There was a poster downstairs in the Willowstan Park lobby.
A little girl has been growing up down the hall from me.
The poster said her and a few tiny friends were going around tonight.

I signed up on the poster because she is too cute.
When I first moved here, she was such a little one.
These days, shes talking to me and doing art and knows the alphabet.
My how much things change in 3 years!

Solving some last minute problems at work made me run a bit late.
I ended up not seeing any trick-or-treat-ers after all.
Perhaps I got home too late and missed them.
I was disappointed, which surprised myself.
It was still fun to make the sign - I think I'll leave it up a while.

I had borrowed the treats from work's snack cabinet anyways.
I better bring them back... ...I have enough cavities.
Leaving work, I wished I had some apples or fruit to give out.
But I was rushed and improvised the best I could do.
Snack cabinet.

It is actually a good thing the trick-or-treat-ers never showed up.
This mask is pretty scary.
This image or memory could have been quite harmful!
I looked in the mirror and scared myself.

No comments: