Friday, July 25, 2008

bird bind test

heres an old playblast from maya.
i had just rigged and skinned a model i created..
..unrendered and strait from the viewport.
this file was a skin weight and bind test to judge usability of my rig.
i quickly layed down some simple animation keyframes..
..using the animation rig and controls that i designed myself.

the .AVI file properties follow:
DATE CREATED -
Monday, August 02, 2004, 9:22:27 PM



too bad i never did anything with that 3D model.
i created it with my bare hands first, in art class.
it even had a bent-wire armature for structural integrity.
before that, i thought it up in my head, and sketched it.
the idea started as a bird strapped to a rocket.
then it eventually became engulfed in flames.
later.. ..it became the great phoenix it was.
i guess i used to be creative and full of ideas..
..my own ideas.

but now, i just toil away for a multi-billion earning company.
i dont know how much more of it i can do.
wasting myself for someone else.

this life affords me the opportunity to live in a great place.
i can pay for my leisures and i can fulfill my greedy material desires.
its nothing to spend hundreds of dollars on booze each week.
but what about what i am capable of?
i have become stagnant and uninspired.

the suits that work below me in the downtown hi-rise..
..dont know what to think about my toucan shirt..
..my red/green/orange/yellow kicks..
..my star spangled bandana..
..my checkered belt..

to be honest, i dont know what to think of myself.
mostly, i dont think.
i just do.

i cant see the future.
i used to be scared of that.
or maybe just in awe.. ..of not knowing.

but when i was a kid, i knew something would happen with me.
i didnt worry about what it was, i just knew it would happen.
i quit knowing what would happen when i moved to florida.
i lost the insight i used to have on my own life.

i dont remember things from last week.
i dont remember my birthday this year.
i dont even remember how love felt.

apparently, i live in the moment.
at the moment, i am alone.

1 comment:

J Heidepriem said...

at the moment I remember how it felt to feel like that.