Sunday, April 15, 2012

Door Pockets

For some reason, the Jeep engineers omitted door pockets for my Cherokee.
What an over-sight! This is the perfect place for maps, sunglasses, etc.
More storage is ALWAYS a good thing.

I found a vendor who made a custom production run of aluminum pockets.
That was 2 years ago, and unfortunately, he no longer manufactures them.
Then, last week, I got an email stating he had a few left overs.
I was lucky and got a set!

Door Before:


Door After:


_
__
___
PREP WORK:

The door pockets come unfinished.
The brushed aluminum took primer and paint very well.
I chose to leave the insides unfinished to help bounce light around.
And because I was too lazy to paint in there.
The pockets came with some nice rubber trim to make the sharp upper edge safe!



I did a few coats of primer, then a few coats of black undercoating to help match the texture of my interior trim pieces.
I covered the undercoating with a few coats of clear lacquer, too, for durability.



Mounting hardware - 6 tabs and allen head fasteners:


Seat Clearance:


Filled with things:

No comments: